Welcome to HKUST (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology). This is where I will be spending the next 118 days! This picture has been a constant reminder to me of how blessed I am to get to go on this trip and it looks absolutely beautiful! I am participating in a Buddy program while I am at HKUST and it is really funny because my Buddy's name is Li Pui Yan but she goes by Joyce.... yeah I don't get it either. She offered to pick me up from the airport in Hong Kong and said, "I will wait for you in a black shirt and jeans." I am sure getting to Hong Kong and picking out the Asian wearing a black shirt and jeans will be really easy! haha (I think I am going to have her hold a sign that says my last name like they do in the movies.....)The next time I write I will be 12 time zones ahead and hopefully settling in with my roommate at HKUST. I have not heard who my roommate is yet so I am assuming I will not know until after I arrive. I requested to live with another international student, but put preference with someone not from the USA. I didn't want to go to school in Hong Kong and room with someone from OSU, I think this will be a much better option for me.
I leave Sunday morning to go to Los Angeles and will be spending one night with Jake! He is picking me up at the airport and we are having some quick Sisterly/Brotherly bonding before he takes me to the airport Monday morning. It is crazy, I leave Monday morning and do not arrive in HK until 10:00 the following night, given the time difference and layover in Tokyo.
This is the first scenic view I want to see when I get to Hong Kong:

I am told it is really romantic at night (good thing I am going to be admiring it with Joyce haha). It looks absolutely amazing though and I am really looking forward to seeing it at night!

No comments:
Post a Comment