Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to reality..

Dad's flight took off about 10 minutes ago to go back to good ol' Dayton, Ohio. For me that means the days of soft beds, gourmet meals and some serious father-daughter bonding are replaced with a bed as hard as a rock, campus food and bonding with my marketing books that I have failed to open the past 9 days!

We had so much fun and I can't wait to tell you all about it! We have no classes tomorrow so I plan on catching up on some homework and writing a really long blog about everything we endured!

A little foreshadowing....

-In Beijing seriously dad and I got asked to take our picture at LEAST 50 times...no joke (when we were at the Great Wall of China a lady literally handed over her one-year-old child to me and snapped a photo before I even knew what was going on)... more details to come

- Dad wiped out on the airport escalator when he turned around for me to take a picture of him and didn't realize he was at the end...

-We gambled in Macau at the MGM grand and failed miserably... aka we only spent like 8 USD on the slot machines

- I taught dad the ropes of the "knock-off" markets and we got pulled into 5 or 6 really sketchy back roads in Shanghai

- People thought we were husband and wife a few times...ok EW (no offense dad but I am 31 years younger than you)

- We had an official stalker case in Beijing where we met these two students that were so helpful and nice... then when they called the hotel later and talked to dad they asked for our flight number to shanghai and wanted to try to come with us!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a few of the good times together but I will get up some pictures and videos soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you please hurry with your next blog! (It's not like your are busy or anything... haha kidding!) I need all the details of your trips with Dad!!!

I am so jealous of all the shopping I know you are doing! And you actually get to benefit from the exchange!

I miss you TONS and can't wait for more updates! XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

That so called "reality" is only going to last for a little over a week. See you soon!!

Unknown said...

Yes I did make it back. My adjustment to reality is back on track. Sarah and I had a great time and wait for the Pic's, some awesome different foods in China. By the way, the native Chinese thought I was the youngest of the two.(Ha Ha)