This is right before we left for Thailand, Alex is eating a hot dog on a stick from 7 Eleven (it turns out that it takes MUCH longer to get to the Hong Kong airport from the University than I anticipated... we almost missed our flight because of my poor judgement, OOPS!) When we got to the gate they were calling last call for all passengers... it was a close one and needless to say I needed that free drink on the flight!

Arriving at the Bangkok Airport! We arrived a little after midnight and headed straight back to our hotel because we had a really big day ahead of us... pay attention to all of the times that Alex is carrying my bag in addition to his own, Thanks Alex :)
Everyone is SO SHORT in Asia...
Having a designated bathroom for elders is fine... but the picture?!?!?!??!
After a glorious buffet breakfast at the hotel we headed by Fairy to The Grand Palace in Bangkok, no pictures can possibly capture how beautiful it was.
They make you put on shirts that cover your shoulders and the guys have to wear long pants... hence why I am wearing a man's shirt!
I hope this is an exaggeration.....
Entering the Grand Palace....
Another view... the architecture is absolutely astounding
Pulling up to our resort in Hua Hin, Thailand! You get everywhere by Tuk Tuk! I don't think I will ever be able to quit Marriott, the discounts are too good!
Our view from the Hotel room! Right on the other side of the pool was the Ocean!
Hua Hin by night...we found a great little spot to Play some Pool







Everyone is SO SHORT in Asia...
Having a designated bathroom for elders is fine... but the picture?!?!?!??!
After a glorious buffet breakfast at the hotel we headed by Fairy to The Grand Palace in Bangkok, no pictures can possibly capture how beautiful it was.
They make you put on shirts that cover your shoulders and the guys have to wear long pants... hence why I am wearing a man's shirt!
I hope this is an exaggeration.....
Entering the Grand Palace....
Another view... the architecture is absolutely astounding
Pulling up to our resort in Hua Hin, Thailand! You get everywhere by Tuk Tuk! I don't think I will ever be able to quit Marriott, the discounts are too good!
Our view from the Hotel room! Right on the other side of the pool was the Ocean!
Hua Hin by night...we found a great little spot to Play some Pool
Gearing up for our Elephant ride....one of the coolest things I have ever done!


We had such a blast! Potong, our elephant, took us way up in the mountains and we could see Hua Hin in the distance!

Another shot of Bake, Me and Potong! Alex and I had a minor obsession with our elephant friend.

After Potong took us for a stroll Alex fed him some Bananas....
Victoria's Peak by night... we ate dinner at the top and behind Alex was our view from the table!
I am positive this view will never get old! This is the first time I got to see it at night, I had been holding off for when Alex came!

I am positive this view will never get old! This is the first time I got to see it at night, I had been holding off for when Alex came!

I don't have any pictures from our trip to the Peninsula Hotel in Kowloon Bay (I know Alex does though). It is one of the best places in Hong Kong to get a drink because of its amazing view of the city. We went there for a drink before dinner and I asked a gentleman to take our picture. After he did he asked if he could treat us to dinner at the Peninsula! It was one of the nicest gestures EVER. When we got to the table there was a bottle of Wine waiting for us and he took care of the whole dinner.... not a bad deal at all!
When we first arrived in Macau (carrying my bag yet again). Macau is the Las Vegas of the East and conveniently only a 30 minute Fairy ride from Hong Kong!

The view down from Macau Tower... the glass didn't seem NEARLY thick enough to be doing this!
Alex and I decided to Bungy Jump off the World's Highest Bungy Platform at 233 Meters! (You can see all of the Casinos below). Right about now is when I was screaming at the top of my lungs... it was the biggest rush I have ever had!
After fearing for our lives through the Bungy Jump we went to the Venetian Hotel and Casino. We gambled a whopping 40 Hong Kong Dollars (5 USD) and called it a day.

Alex and I decided to Bungy Jump off the World's Highest Bungy Platform at 233 Meters! (You can see all of the Casinos below). Right about now is when I was screaming at the top of my lungs... it was the biggest rush I have ever had!

2 comments:
Sarah, we really enjoyed your pic's. Your boyfriend is very nice and I'm sure you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas. Have a great day. From Grandpa and Grandpa Barga
Wow! Sarah you are so blessed to have the chance to go abroad! It looks amazing! and it really seems like you are having a blast. You'll have a lot of great stories to tell your kids one day. And BUNDGY JUMPING!!!! LOL Hope your doing well!
Post a Comment