Thursday, October 30, 2008

The only thing Scary around here....

Today is Halloween and I must say that the Asians get pretty into it! Sometimes I feel like they get more into it than they do in the states! Our hall is completely covered in black paper and all of the light is shut off with random spiders and skeletons hanging everywhere. They also get scared really easy. I was talking to one of the girls in my class from the Mainland and asked if she was going out for Halloween and she said no because she gets frightened by all of the masks too easily.... I must admit I had to hold back my laughter!

Unfortunately for me, I think the only thing scary around here is how bad my English is getting! I hang out with Europeans and locals all of the time and I live with a girl from Germany, so most of the time I try to use fairly simple terminology to articulate what I am trying to say. However, when I speak to other Americans I STILL feel like my language skills are mediocre at best. Maybe I should read a Thesaurus or something!

Tonight for Halloween I am going to LKF, the main bar district! I am told that it gets really crazy for Halloween and that it will be so busy we won't be able to move on the streets... sounds like my kind of party. I am going as an Asian as my costume... when in Hong Kong do as the Asians do right? I am wearing a ton of Hello kitty gear (hair clips, big fluffy slippers, a book bag, t-shirt), a random watch like all of the locals wear, pigtails, and of course I will be throwing up the peace sign in all of the pictures tonight! It should be pretty good! Maybe I should wear a camera around my neck too!

Happy Halloweenie everyone!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny Galloway said...

ha ha you went as an asian person, i freaking love it! Remember [for some reason i always feel compelled to remind you of times we had together] when we got all excited for halloween in highscool? We got all dressed up, you as fat bastard and me as a giant cow [everyone kept grabbing my utters] and went to school. Only to find out we were the ONLY ones to dress up that day. To top it off you had to do the morning announcements in your giant blow up suit! Oh man, good times. I will never forget meeting you at our locker in between classes and seeing you waddle down the hall towards me. I'm laughing right now.