Friday afternoon I went to the mall with a few friends since I only had one class in the morning. The malls here are much more extravagant than those in the US which was surprising to me. I assumed Hong Kong would have more street markets than malls, but that's not the case. Take a look at these awesome "jumbotron" screens they have in the malls!

Transportation is so inexpensive here too. We take a mini bus to the main locations and from there we can catch the MTR (metro). It is very easy to navigate and most transportation around the city only cost about 20 to 22HK round trip (about 3 USD).

I saw this random "do not enter" section that was roped off so of course I had to step in. Just a little bit of me bein' me! (You should have seen all the looks I got when i did this from the locals... luckily something from the ceiling didn't come down and knock me on the head).
This weekend was an absolute blast and I am seeing more and more everyday just how blessed I am to enjoy this great experience! Friday night I went with a really big group of exchange students to downtown Hong Kong for a night out. Given the different locations and backgrounds of the exchange students, it is amazing to me that we all mesh so well!

Saturday we got up extremely early, especially given the previous night where we didn't get home until about 4! A group of 32 international students rented a boat for the day, and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day (unfortunately for me the beautiful weather resulted in a horrible sunburn... it still looks like I am wearing a swim suit).
We left from downtown Hong Kong and got to enjoy the beautiful views of Victoria Harbor and then headed out to an island. The island was beautiful and it looked like something right out of the show Lost. We anchored maybe 50 meters from the shore and jumped off the top of the boat! We all swam to shore and enjoyed the beautiful views and great company! After about 2 hours on shore we all made our way back to the boat for lunch. After lunch most of us took a much needed nap on the top of the boat which is probably how I got such a horrible burn!

I even applied sunscreen numerous times throughout the day but apparently the SPF was no match for the intensity of the sun!

This was only a few hours into the trip but I already had to put on my shirt because I was turning weird colors. This is Alexandra one of my friends from Denmark, she works for Disney and dresses up like Annie Oakley (for those of you who aren't familiar with Annie Oakley she grew up about a mile or two from my house).

This golf course looks so sweet! I dedicate this to Alex Baker... the boyfriend back home (yes, I have indeed crossed over to the dark side, just kidding). He is coming to visit in November and is a big golfer, I have never been golfing so how cool would it be to go in Hong Kong at one of these awesome courses?

The cuisine is pretty strange here... take a look at the seaweed potato chips! So far I have been adjusting just fine though, I eat just about anything. Soup is really weird here though.... it is pretty much just watered down broth with a leaf or two floating in it haha! Every meal is an adventure!
1 comment:
Traveling to an exotic location to play golf with a gorgeous woman...hmmmm. Barga, you've got to come up with something a little more enticing than that! Does that really sound like something I'd be interested in?
Post a Comment