My German roomate Fatma has been teaching me a few German words, and of course one of the top priorities was a cuss word or two. My new favorite word to say is Scheisse, or shit, which any other Austin Powers lover would know! I love when Fatma say cool because it comes across like "Kewl"! I also always make a point to say Gesundheit when she sneezes, and she has allergies so I get to practice often :) She watches a lot of mediocre American movies with German translations like Wag the Dog which I have never seen but never thought I would want to see either.
Tonight at midnight it is Fatma's 24th birthday so we are going to the Peninsula which is a really great hotel with a gorgeous view of the harbor. It is a VERY expensive bar and we are told it costs like 25 American dollars for a drink! I think we are planning to go there and take some pictures of the view, contemplate the possibility of getting and drink, and then head to some of the other bars. It is definitely a big tourist spot so it will be very "Kewl" to see.
Well I am off for a night out with the ladies! Hope all is well in Ohio, and elsewhere (that means you Alex...living in that state up north that I refuse to mention).
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
who doesn't know what that means, honestly. lol. i love the video, at first i was thinking why in the world would she be afraid to jump? Then i saw another girl jump and realized how big of a jump it really was! Good work my friend!
Post a Comment