Monday, September 22, 2008

Visitors galore!

Well I pretty much feel like the most loved person ever! Dad comes this Friday to visit me for 10 days! He arrives late Friday night and we will be staying in Hong Kong until Tuesday night. I want to take him to the new territories where there are supposed to be some great bike trails! Sunday we are going to church with my host mom and then to her apartment for lunch. It will be cool to see a local apartment, she lives on the 40th floor!

Monday and Tuesday I have class so I will be staying at the hotel with dad and then we will come to campus together in the morning. Both days are pretty lite days for me so we should still have lots of time for sightseeing. Oct. 1, Wednesday, is a holiday so we will be leaving Tuesday night for Beijing!!!! I am going to skip class Thursday and Friday (don't worry I got it approved by my professors). We will be staying at a Marriott in Beijing for 3 nights then we are flying to Shanghai for 2 night. Then it is back to Hong Kong for a night and he leaves! I am sure it is going to go really quick, especially given how much there is to see!

I feel like everyday I have been emailing dad with one more thing I want him to bring for me... sorry dad! The most needed comfort from home is burts bees chapstick, how I thought I would get by with bringing just one is beyond me!

Dad told me he wants to try dog when he comes so it sounds like my days of adventure food have not yet come to an end... shucks! I guess scorpion is really good too (someone told me it tastes like Carmel popcorn... I think I will take their word for it).

Also, two days ago I found out that Alex will be coming to see me in October!!!! He is coming October 15-25 so we will have plenty of time together. Then, mom comes to visit for Thanksgiving and if all goes well Launika and Lisa will be visiting in December! I never thought I would have so many people coming to see me and I feel so blessed to be able to share my experience here with people I care so much about.

This weekend was pretty low key, which is exactly what I needed. It was really hot on Saturday and I went to the beach for a bit, unfortunately as soon as we got there we heard over the loud speaker, "The e coli count far exceeds the legal limit, please refrain from swimming". Talk about disappointment! Instead I ended up baking in the sun for awhile until I couldn't take the heat anymore and headed back to the University. It has been in the upper 80s and lower 90s everyday I have been here so far!

I am still trying to do some last minute planning for dad's visit so I should get back to that for now. Hope things are great in the states!

No comments: