So I spend a LOT of time in the library, not only is it a much better study environment than the dorms, but when I sit at the desk, this is my view! I am just amazed by the beauty of this place everyday.

I leave for the Philippines tomorrow morning and I am really excited. I worked hard today to get caught up all of my class reading and I am good to go. I will be leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow and returning Tuesday morning at 7:15am...aka no sleep for me Monday night, which is fine by me! I will first go to Manilla and then we take another plane to Cebu. We will probably spend the first day (tomorrow) at the beach and relaxing. Then on Saturday morning we head out to Trek around the wilderness for a few days... our time will be spent snorkeling, kayaking, hiking and staying in local housing in the wilderness. I am excited but I had to go get Malaria pills today at the doctors office just to be safe since i will not be at the normal tourist destinations. It is kind of a pain, I have to take a pill everyday for the next 5 weeks but I think the benefits outweigh the costs of not getting and potentially getting malaria huh?

If you look closely you can see how much our airfare was from Manilla to Cebu (I think we paid 2 Filipino dollars each way... the conversion is about 50 Filipino dollars for each American dollar). Granted we had to pay taxes for the airfare but it still ended up being next to nothing!
Tuesday night was Fatma's birthday and we started out by going to The Peninsula which is one of the best restaurants and hotels in Hong Kong. We went to Felix, the hotel bar on the 28th floor of the hotel. It overlooked the harbor and we had some absolutely breathtaking views of the city. It was Fatma, a few of her German friends, one french girl and me. I picked up a few more German words along the trip and even learned how to sing happy birthday in German.


The view from our seats at the bar... BEA-utiful

I know that not everyone is looking at the camera but this is the group of ladies that went out for Fatma's birthday (Anna, Fatma, Isabel, me and Kerry)

Amy, my Canadian iceskating friend, keeps everything and I mean EVERYTHING in her purse. I always give her such a hard time and thought I would share this with you all: yes a half-eaten apple pulled out of her purse. She always has the following in her purse: food, gum, Gumby (she takes him with her all over the world), BEER (at least 1 but sometimes two cans), a bottled water, an extra tank top and who knows what else. I have caught her saying "Ey?" a couples time but she has quickly corrected herself haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment